Supplemental lessons are available through the band program to all band students. Individual instruction is extremely beneficial due to the one on one teaching environment. The supplemental teacher is able to design a program that meets each student’s individual needs enabling them to progress at their own pace. Supplemental lessons are strongly recommended for all Wilson Band students.
Click the link below to fill out an online private lesson request. Your response will be sent to Mr. Hilley and he will have a private lesson teacher contact you.
Request for Private Lesson Scholarship
Student’s/Parent’s responsibilities to the supplemental lesson teacher:
- Be fully prepared for each lesson.
- Bring a pencil, method books, and any other required material to each lesson.
- Keep a written assignment for each lesson.
- Notify the supplemental teacher 24 hours in advance in the event a lesson must be missed. Failure to do this will result in an un-excused absence and the lesson must still be paid for. Un-excused lessons will not be covered by a scholarship. Excused absences by the student or the teacher shall be rescheduled or the money will be refunded.
- The cost of each lesson is $20.00.
- Payment should be made by check directly to the supplemental teacher.
Lessons should be paid one month in advance. Please give the check to the supplemental teacher.
Financial assistance may be available to those who qualify. Contact Mr. Hilley for more information.